Energy Drinks - Useful Things about Them
Energy drinks are indeed very popular among those individuals engaged in physical activities but also among those
teenagers and children who seem to enjoy quite a lot the taste of these drinks. While many parents are giving these
drinks to their kids, they are still concerned with the level of caffeine included in these drinks not wanting for their
kids to develop any addiction whatsoever towards this ingredient.
It is a known fact that caffeine taken in large amounts can affect the state of health in a negative way. But it is
important to note here, that neither you nor your child can take in too much of this caffeine so long as you consume
energy drinks in moderation.
So, in order to be in control of the level of caffeine you take in, make sure that these drinks are consumed responsibly
by both you and your children. But there is another interesting thing to note about these drinks: caffeine is not the
only ingredient used, but there are many that make these drinks highly effective for both boosting the energy level and
increasing mental and physical performance.
Here is a list of these ingredients contained in the healthiest energy drinks and learn more about them and their
contribution to the improvement of metabolism and physical performance:
- Taurine - is an amino acid that our body produces from the consumed foods such as the one coming from animals (lamb, pork, chicken and beef), some fish such as cod, and oysters. How can taurine help? It regulates the water and mineral levels while supporting neurological development. Energy drinks contain taurine because it is a booster into athletic performance.
- Ginseng - is another ingredient known for ages to increase immunity helping as such in fighting many illnesses. But it is also helpful in lowering glucose levels, increasing also the stamina and mental performance.
- Guarana - is contained in many such drinks because it improves physical and mental performance. It is actually a plant that grows in South America used as well as natural flavoring ingredient.
- Caffeine - as mentioned at the beginning of this article, is the main ingredient that you will find in energy drinks helping with performance both physically and mentally. Again, make sure that you consume moderate amount of energy drinks containing caffeine and it won't do you or your kids any harm.
- Carnitine - is a substance stimulating cells to produce more energy while it is obtained from certain amino acids. It can help with increasing metabolism and physical performance.
- B vitamins - help with metabolic regulation of the body system with the main vitamins B types - Thiamin and Cobalamin.
Was this article helpful? Yes -0 No -0 28