- To work one or more foods until smooth and creamy with a spoon or spatula, rubbing the food against the sides of the mixing bowl until of the consistency of cream. See creaming.
- A rich filling for cakes, eclairs, cream puffs, flans, or fancy tarts. It is somewhat similar to custard filling.
- The rich, fatty, aggregation of oil globules found in milk.
- half and half cream - It is a blending of heavy cream and milk and has about 12% butterfat, 7% milk solids, and 51% water.
- heavy cream - Also called whipping cream. It contains about 40% butterfat, 5% milk solids, and over 50% water.
- light cream - It contains about 20% butterfat and 7% milk solids; the rest is water.
- sour cream - This is cream that has been processed commercially so as to be soured under ideal conditions. It contains about 20% butterfat, 7% milk solids, and the remainder is water.
Was this page helpful? 7